The Convention on Biological Diversity aims to "the conservation of biological diversity, the sustainable use of its components and the fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from the utilization of genetic resources" (Article I). It is the first worlds agreement to take full account of all aspects of biological diversity : genetic resources, species and ecosystems.
It recognizes that the conservation of biological diversity is "a common concern of humankind" (preamble) and is an integral part of the development process.
To achieve its objectives, and in accordance with the spirit of the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development (1992), the Convention promotes a renewed partnership among countries. Its provisions on scientific and technical cooperation, access to genetic resources and transfer of safe technologies for the environment are the basis of this partnership.
The Clearing House Mechanism for the Convention on Biological Diversity seeks to promote science and technology at all levels between the parties to the Convention. It also facilitates access to information on biological diversity and exchanges worldwide.
The French Clearing House Mechanism is an information portal on the actions taken by France in terms of biodiversity, including overseas communities. It provides information, links and helpful advice in relation to the provisions of the Convention and its implementation in France and Europe
The Clearing House Mechanism is also based on the principle of participation, according to which everyone should have access to information concerning the environment. It meets the needs of communication between the different concerned partners.
- les-apports-du-programme-liteau-a-la-gestion-durable-de-la-mer-et-du-littoral [posted on: 22/04/2015]
- troisieme-conference-environnementale [posted on: 30/03/2015]
- direction-de-l-environnement-de-l-amenagement-et-du-logement-deal-de-la-guyane [posted on: 30/03/2015]
- direction-de-l-environnement-de-l-amenagement-et-du-logement-deal-de-la-2 [posted on: 30/03/2015]
- direction-de-l-environnement-de-l-amenagement-et-du-logement-deal-de-la-1 [posted on: 30/03/2015]
Site under construction
This website is under construction. Thanks for your understanding.
The information you will find here is not necessarily finalised.